Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Month Six

AJ is six months old now. Time is going to fast for me. I can not believe how big he is. I had to get rid of his 6mo clothes because he has out grown them so fast. In fact he is in 9-12mo clothes. Took him in for his well baby appointment and he is 27 inches and just under 20 pounds.

He got to go on his first family vacation. We took a week and went down to Panama City. We stayed at Tyndall AFB which was really nice. It was a two bedroom house with a full kitchen and a washer and dryer. AJ didn't really like the long drive. He wanted out of his car seat and didn't sleep all that much. Not like the girls did at that age. We hung out at the beach for a day and did some shopping another day. AJ did not like the waves in the water so he didn't do much swimming. Sam and I did some boogy boarding until I was to tired from getting pounded by the waves then it was Alex's turn to play with the girls. Ashley and Sam got to ride on the sling shot again like they did last year. It was a real relaxing trip except for the parts where AJ didn't take a nap, sleep through the night or the crappy bed Alex and I were sleeping in.

I don't know what is up with this boy but he has decided that he doesn't want to take any naps, or a least not good long ones. I can't put him in his swing anymore because he's to big for it and he is always trying to lean over the edge. I am afraid that he will flip right out of it. If he does take a nap it is only for 30 minutes. Very rarely will he take a longer one. He is still however sleeping through the night so that is a major plus.

He is trying to crawl. He almost gets into the crawling position and if he does when he moves he just falls on to his stomach. I know that one of these days I am going to put him down in front of the couch and go in to the kitchen for something, turn around and find him crawling after me. He has figured out how to roll places.

Alex has been home for the last couple weeks and I think he and AJ really bonded. Now if Alex is around AJ doesn't want me. He will act like he wants to go to me when I put my hands out but then puts his head in to Alex's shoulder. It is very cute and totally makes Alex's day. I really don't mind he and Alex need to bond, especially since Alex will be leaving soon.

No comments: