Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Birthday Girls

I am now the mother of TWO teen age girls. Sam turned thirteen this past July. With that came facebook. One more thing for her talk to boys on. Mom and dad were here for that week and we made sure that she had a great birthday. I made her favorite, lobster and steak. Mom and dad got her a full length mirror, duct tape and a few other things. Alex and I also got her some duct tape, bracelets, and a poster of her favorite character on the Big Bang Theory show, Sheldon.

Of course the day after Sam's birthday is Ashley's. She is 14 now. I can't believe it. In just a few days she will be going to high school and starting seminary. It just seems like yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital. Mom and dad had to leave on her birthday but they were able to give her the gifts from them. They had also got her a mirror, duct tape and other things. We had gotten her a few things but the big gift this year was a cell phone. In fact both girls got one. I don't know how well we thought this through but I let it be Alex's decision to get it. At least now I have something big to take away when they get into trouble.

Like I had mentioned Mom and dad came down the week of the girls birthdays. The night they got here AJ cried when he saw mom. He even cried the next morning when he saw her. I was hoping she didn't take it personally and want to go home. Dad, on the other hand didn't even get a whimper from him. After he did warm up to them he wanted to be around them all the time. He and grandpa did some serious bonding. Grandpa was trying to feed him anything and everything that he shouldn't be eating like ice cream.

We had a great time with them while they were here. We all went to see the little white house where president Roosevelt died. We had a blast at the wild safari animal drive thru. We rented one of their vans and I got food for the girls to feed the animals. Sam thought it was great and so did Ashley until the animal stuck it's tongue out to try to get the food. Ashley kept screaming. Drove me crazy. Dad and Alex also went to play golf and then afterwards Dad took everyone minus Alex rollerskating. He was telling the girls that he was going to skate circles around them and he did. He even fell a couple of times. That was funny. Mom tried to skate but she instead stayed with AJ while everyone else skated. When everyone was done Mom, dad and the girls played miniature golf while AJ and I hung out.

It was a great week spent with them. I sure wish we could do it more often.

No comments: