Friday, May 4, 2012

month 3

AJ is growing in leaps and bounds. At his last check up he was 15.5lbs and 24.5in long. He did very well getting his first set of shots. So much has been happening since he hit the three month mark. On the 23rd of April my mom came down to meet her new grandson. She was so excited to see him and we were excited to see her. That Thursday Alex's sister Kat surprised us with a visit from California. Dad came on Friday and then we celebrated AJ's 100 day celebration.

The 100 day celebration is a Korean tradition that celebrates a milestone in a baby's life. You invite people over for food and well wishes for the new baby. It was Suk's day to spoil and pamper her new grandson. We had a lot of people over at our house with tons of food. It was great to share this special day with friends and family.

The next day at church we had AJ's blessing. Mom and dad bought him the cutest blessing outfit. It looked like a white tux with a newsie hat. Dad asked Alex if he wanted to take AJ to the front of the chapel for the blessing and he agreed. The bishop had Alex hold the microphone while dad gave the blessing. That is one thing I love about our bishop is that he likes to include the non members in everything they can participate in.

The girls were out of school that following Monday which was really nice so they could spend as much time with their grandparents. We all went to Callaway Gardens for the day and got to see the turtles in the lake, the butterfly house and get our feet wet in the water. AJ got to play in the lake for the first time. He really loves the water. He had discovered splashing while I was giving him a bath last week. I now have to have his bathtub in my bathtub to contain all the water since he was getting the counters and floor wet in the kitchen.

A couple of weeks ago I started to transition him from breast milk to formula by adding some formula to his night time bottles. Since I started doing that he has been sleeping through the night. I also have him sleeping in his crib in his own room now. He is the youngest of all my kids to sleep through the night and to sleep in his room at such an early age. He is has also started teething. I just can't believe how quickly he is growing. It just seems like yesterday I found out that I was pregnant.

The girls have a lot going on to right now. Sam is finishing up soccer season. She just has a couple of more games to go. She has really been loving it and wants to continue playing this fall. Ashley is getting ready to complete middle school and go on to high school next year. That also means starting seminary. I am so nervous for her to go to high school. I just don't want my kids to grow up.

We did get some bad news this last week. Alex came home and told us that he got orders for Ft. Polk, LA. We had talked about what would happen if he came up on orders since we wanted to stay here until Sam was done with high school and we decided that he would try to go to Korea. Well he checked on that and even the possibility that we all go to Germany but it was all a no go. I didn't prepare myself for what would happen if he couldn't switch it to Korea. I decided that he is going to Ft. Polk alone and we would visit as much as we can. He will be in a CASH unit and they deploy. My luck would be that shortly after we get there his unit deploys and I am stuck in a place I don't like with the kids. Plus the girls are established here in school and they have friends. He said that he is going to put in a transfer to here as soon as he can.

No comments: