Thursday, January 26, 2012

Week One


AJ has been home for a week now. He has been a great baby. Doesn't really cry unless you change his diaper or make him naked in anyway. We did have some issues with feeding. He really didn't want to breastfeed at first and still has issues with it. I finally broke down and gave him a bottle when we got home. The good thing is that he is only taking breast milk so I don't feel to bad about it.
The girls have been fawning all over him. I have to make sure that they get all of their homework and chores done before they hold him or play with him. Alex has been great with helping me out. The first few nights had been rough with lack of sleep. I didn't much sleep while at the hospital and then top it off with less sleep at home and the stress of not feeding my baby the way I wanted to was taking it's toll. So Alex came up with a plan. He stays up til wee hours of the morning with AJ so I can get a good block of sleep and then I wake up with him the rest of the night and morning so Alex can sleep. I seemed to have gotten the short end of the stick since he thinks he needs to sleep all day long.
AJ's first week has been a busy one with doctor appointments and his first photo shoot with a friend of mine who specializes in newborn pictures. He even went with me to take the girls to young women's where he was ohhhed and awwed by everyone.
Can't wait to see what the next few weeks bring to us.

No comments: