Monday, May 25, 2009

Sun, Surf and Sand

Happy Memorial Day to everyone and especially to my family members serving in our military. I love you Alex, Michael and Dad. The girls and I really miss having Alex at home with us but we know that it is all part of the job.








The girls and I along with a couple of my friends went to Ocean Shores for the day. It was sunny but a little cool out. Of course that didn't stop the girls from getting wet. They had a great time trying to jump over the waves.







My friends Ash and Chris had a ball playing in the sand with the girls. They did everything from building sand castles to making sculptures. Here's one of a octopus that they all did.....

We walked around and looked at all the little shops that they had. I had to get my salt water taffy while I was there. My friend Ash and I found a bunch of medieval toys and were playing with them in the store. It's great to act like a kid some times. We also walked along the beach to look for shells and other interesting things. Sam kept picking up all of the dead crabs. The farther we got down the beach the more it looked like D-Day except with crabs. There were crab parts everywhere. It was really sad and gross.

We all had fun and even got a little sun. Some more than others. Hope that everyone is well. We will talk to you all later.

1 comment:

Diamond in the Rough said...

I'm so jealous. I love the beach. I'm deathly afraid of water, so you won't catch me jumping waves; even though it looks like so much fun! I love the sand octopus! Very cool. How much longer til Alex will be home?