Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

To all the mothers I know Happy Mothers Day. I hope that everyone has had a great and memorable day. Mine started great. The girls made me scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast in bed. Then they let me sleep in. They really wanted to make sure that they love me by telling me over and over that today was all about me. Of course Alex would say that everyday is all about me. At least that's what I tell him.

We had a great ward activity Friday night. It was a talent show. Both of the girls performed. Ashely played her flute and Sam played her viola. They did an awesome job. Ashley is really loving playing the flute. I think that Sam is going to give up the viola and take up the trumpet next year. She really wants to play the tuba, but thank goodness the school doesn't offer it.

As most of you know Alex is gone for training. He will be gone for a total of 16 months or so. We don't know when we will be able to see him again. The girls seem to be handling it well. We have had a couple of melt downs usually at night. We are going to try to keep busy. We all get out of school in a few weeks. I'm going to be taking a online class in the summer so I will be home with the girls.

I will try to keep updating this more often. Hope everyone is well. We will talk to you all later. We love you Alex.

2 comments:

Meet the Houdeks said...

those girls are amazing. tell them both to keep up the good work. hope you had a great mother's day.

Diamond in the Rough said...

I'm glad you had a good mother's day. 16 months??? I hope all goes well. What training? It's so hard on families. Your girls are so grown up and so awesome. Take care, you're an awesome momma!!