Friday, August 22, 2008

The girls first concert

I know that it has been a while since I last wrote. As some of you know we had my little sister Sarah here the last couple of weeks. It was her graduation present from us and we had a lot planed for her. At the beginning of the month we went to a concert. It was Ashley and Samantha's first concert and we got to see one of our favorites. Kirby Heyborne. He had with him Corbin Allred (the main character from saints and soldiers) who was absolutely amazing. I was able to get us front row seats which all the girls love. Ashley spent most of the concert screaming "Kirby I love you. You rock!" Sam was a little restless towards the end. I guess she's just not used to sitting for two hours.

After the concert we were able to get their autographs. We saw Corbin first and he was a total sweetheart. He wrote on the picture that Sam had "This man loves you (pointed arrow to himself) do you love him check yes or no." Ashley had him sign her purse and he wrote "save your money + love Corbin forever." Sarah was wearing her I heart Kirby Heyborne shirt and Corbin wrote on the back that she loves him more. I had won a signed concert poster during the concert and wanted them to personalize it. Corbin wrote that i have a wonderful family and the drew a mustache and bread on Kirby's picture. he was going to do a eye patch but i said no. After we took pictures with him we stood in line for what seemed for ever to see Kirby.

I couldn't believe that when we finally got to the front of the line to see Kirby that he remembered us from last year. Actually he remembered the girls and then Sarah and I. He couldn't get over how tall the girls were getting. After he was done signing things for the girls and Sarah i had him personalize my poster. Ashley had pointed out what Corbin had done so he drew an eye patch on his own picture. All in all it was a great experience for us all especially the girls. I don't think that they will ever forget. My girls can't wait until next year when they can go again.

1 comment:

Diamond in the Rough said...

So cool Caci. Your girls are so grown up. I can't believe how fast time flies. Just an little side note... I went to Junior High with Corbin Allred. Crazy huh???

Joleen