Saturday, November 10, 2007

Howdy

Hey there. Well we had another exciting week in Harmonland. I thought that we were done with sports last week with Ashley's last volleyball game. No such luck. I got a call from Sam's basketball coach on Tuesday saying that their first game was on Saturday. Sam is part of a different schools team since there was only two girls from her school who signed up to play. The school that she is playing for is a half hour drive away. Of course what isn't a half hour drive away from me. The game is played interesting for third graders. The only thing that they can't do is take the ball away from a player. Some girls had to be reminded to dribble the ball while they ran. I have never seen so much traveling and double dribbling since I played basketball with grandpa foreman. They didn't keep score but the other team clearly won. Sam had no idea what she was doing but she was having a blast doing it.

As I had said. Ashley is now finished with volleyball. They had their team party last night at at the school. They played three games against the parents. The girls even beat the parents on the second game. The parents won the third game since I served the winning shot. ;P They all received trophy's and a certificate of playing. It was a really fun night.

While the girls and I were playing all week Alex was out in the field setting up and tearing down a hospital. He came home late Thursday night. When I saw him on Friday he told me what he had done and showed me how swollen his hands and feet were from constant work. Ladies, they looked worse than a 9 month pregnant lady who was also retaining water. He couldn't even open a milk jug.

Well that's all that is going on here. I guess we will chat with you all later.

No comments: