Sunday, August 26, 2007

A CAMPING WE WILL GO!!


Well we had a great time camping this week. We went on a ward camp out this weekend at camp ground that the church owns. It was absolutely beautiful. The place had about 15 camping areas. Some had these A frame buildings that you could sleep in. All of the spaces were somewhat close together but you couldn't see them because everything was so overgrown. We got there Thursday and were actually the first ones there so we got the best spot. There were alot of others who came that night. The girls got to cook there own dinner Thursday. We roasted hot dogs over an open flame. They really enjoyed it and I really enjoyed teaching them. Of course after dinner for dessert we had smores. Sam had asked me why I didn't want any marshmallow. I told her I didn't like them and you think I killed her favorite toy. Her eyes bugged out and her mouth was hanging open. She was in total shock that I didn't like marsh mallows.


The girls found some new friends to play with and were gone all day Friday playing with them. This place had trails, playground, volleyball court, a confidence course and even a fort that the kids loved to play on. They also had a bunch of activities for the kids to do. The leaders had set up some quilts to be tied. I was sitting there with some other ladies tyeing the quilt when Alex came up and offered to help. I was SHOCKED. The ward provided dinner that night and breakfast the next morning.


Even though the ground was hard and I got next to no sleep we had a great time. Being out there made me realized how much I really missed camping. I feel bad that this is the first time my girls got to enjoy camping. I know that we are going to do a lot more of it next year.

No comments: